- Resident of West Virginia, specifically from Webster, Randolph, or Pocahontas Counties
- High school senior, returning undergraduate student, or career/technical training
- College, career training, specialized training, VOTEC training all qualify
- If you are concerned you may not qualify, please contact us! 304-572-8500 or [email protected]
- Reapply every year: You must reapply for the scholarship every year!
Submit completed application and supporting documents as a complete PDF to [email protected].
Website submissions are strongly encouraged.
Or mail to:
Snowshoe Foundation, Inc.
10 Snowshoe Drive
Snowshoe, WV 26209
No later than
Tuesday, March 17, 2023 at 5:00pm
Following the application deadline, the Foundation will forward all completed applications and related documents to the Selection Committee for consideration. All applicants will be notified by May 31, 2023.
Applicant must submit each of the following items (if any of these are missing, you will be disqualified):
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- EFC Score from your FAFSA (do not need the entire FAFSA, only the page with the EFC Score)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (see attached form that must be completed) from your choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individuals with significant knowledge of your experience and involvement. These must be current signed letters of recommendations.
- An official and recent high school or college transcript with cumulative grade point average.
- The ACT scorecard, the official SAT scorecard, or the WIN Career Readiness scorecard.
- If you are enrolled in a non-traditional curriculum or trade school you only need to submit items 1 & 3 above.
Personal Essay Topic:
This statement should present your educational and career aspirations, indicate how the scholarship will assist in reaching those goals, and describe your anticipated contribution to your profession and community following graduation. Your Personal Statement should not exceed five hundred (500) words.
The Snowshoe Foundation advocates for the pursuit of higher education as well as career and technical training within Pocahontas, Randolph, and Webster counties of West Virginia. We support individuals with the desire to better both themselves and their community. Scholarship awards will be made on the basis of merit, individual accomplishments, and evidence of leadership. Financial need and other special circumstances may also be considered.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Support from the Snowshoe Foundation is given in the form of cash grants. Scholarship Grants from the Foundation can be used for tuition, books, and housing. Funding may also be used for other supplies that may be needed, such as computers, calculators, tools, and other supplies. Funding is provided for undergraduate, technical, and career education. We welcome applications for all types of education and training. Scholarships may be awarded up to $3,000.
Breaking Down Barriers to Quality College Education
Snowshoe Foundation Scholarships reduce financial hardship on students and families. The funding that we provide helps eliminate one of the most common barriers to pursuit of a quality college education. We strive to provide academic and professional development opportunities to give back to local communities. Generous donations from local businesses and residents enable our Foundation to continue to provide much-needed opportunities in our rural mountain communities. Scholarships are awarded at our annual Winter Benefit Dinner.
“It is very important to know who you are. To make decisions. To show who you are.”
If awarded a scholarship, the Snowshoe Foundation requires that you promote its support of you and your educational goals. We encourage past award winners to speak to others about our application. In your final report, you will be asked to submit news articles, signs, newsletters, and any other publicity about your receipt of this scholarship.
Help Support the Snowshoe Foundation’s Grant Program
If you are an individual or business owner interested in supporting the Snowshoe Foundation Scholarship Program, you may wish to consider participating in our fundraisers. We also accept direct donations.